Saturday, January 31, 2009

Of Mabinogi and Plying Yarn

Mabinogi is having an event where you post this somewhere and tell 'em then hope you win.  So here's my random plug:

I've thought about posting what I'm doing in mabi, but I either forget, don't feel like posting, or think 'no one wants to read about that'.  Am I right or would that actually be interesting?  Probably not, running ciar beginner over and over is rather boring.


I finally finished spinning all but two ounces of my white wool.  I decided to ply it yesterday.  Plying is where after you spin it into a string (it doesn't like this at all) you take multiple spun strings or each end of the one you spun (I did the later) and spin them the opposite direction so they wrap around each other and don't keep trying to undo them selves.  To get at the beginning of it I wound it onto something else, part of a cardboard tube, then slid it off. (I almost couldn't)  I was told that it'd be bad if I let implode, so I used my thumb to stop it. It tried to take off my thumb by cutting off my circulation in return.  ._.  Kinda scary, I tried using something else (a sharpie) to stop it, but that fell out.  ><  It turned out not to mean total -doom- but I did end up with a lot of knots to figure out, with it trying to twist on itself the whole time.  I was refering to it with various phrases that tended to include 'gordian knot' (I heard this somewhere and it stuck with me) and 'snarled mass'.

Hmm... anything else... School is actually going well this semester.  I still need to come up with two topics for the web site project for Intro to Web Systems.  I already have an idea of what I could/probably will use, but I kinda wanted to come up with something I haven't done before, but that would still be possible.  Oh well, whatever.

Woo!  I get to go to a fiber store tomorrow! (Today)   I need to go to sleep... Maybe after an episode of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann...  (Squee~ <3)

No comments: