Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's been over a year since I last posted anything.
I am completely unsurprised by this fact. Since then a ton of stuff has happened. I wonder how much I can cram in here between homework, cooking macaroni (and eating it), and goofing off with what ever other random things I find to do.

My mom and I went to Alpena for the fourth of July again. Unfortunately the fireworks were canceled because of the start switch. >.< (*typing with one hand and holding the mac'n'cheese pan with the other*) We were sitting there for hours... and of course I promised a friend that I'd take pics with the camera she's loaning me. You'd think they could get them right considering they have a whole year to prepare and it isn't like they haven't done it before. They were going to do them the next night, but there were storms. I tried to get some lightning pics, but I don't think it worked. I wouldn't know though, seeing as they still haven't been developed.
We stopped by that same antique mall, but didn't find anything neat this time. And you know how I mentioned that little plate from last year? I hung it up above my light switch in my room. It fit perfectly between my poster and the door frame. I ended up bumping it and it broke. T.T and to make it worse I had to stupidly run my hand across the carpet looking for pieces. Well, I did find one. >.< anyways...

Okay... other stuff...

OTC - Oakland Technical Center - where a bunch of high schoolers from different schools go to get vocational training. There's floral, and culinary, and automotive... I go there for 'Computer Maintenance and Networking Technology.' For the 06/07 school year I went during the 'pm' afternoon class and only saw the 'am' guys (because I was the only girl the entire day in the CMNT class) at LAN parties or the walkathon. This year (07/08, my senior year) I'm in the AM class because my school decided to change the scheduling from 6 to 7 class hours and OTC is now AM only.
From the beginning of June til the 29th I kept going to OTC to get my A+ OS (I already got my A+ Core/Hardware) because the test was going to expire on the 30th. If I didn't get it I would have had to start from the beginning to get my A+ essentials this year. I ended up passing like most of the of the pm class and unlike most of the am class)
I'm currently trying to get my Network+ cert. blah blah blah... It's boring. Though there was a girl in the first years, but I think she dropped out. She did mention disliking the fact that we were the only two girls. Today we played a jeopardy game and I pwned. I would have won if I had bid more, but I was in a rush [to catch the bus, of course I had to wait for the bus driver like always].

I'm finishing up the post I started on the 19th. Today's the 20th. There used to be more. I forgot what I was going to type. So I'm just gonna post already. Lest this rot as a draft and never be posted.

Woo! I finally got around to bugging bravehost about the fact I couldn't log in! I'm going to start working on my website again. If only my school had TextPad.
One program they do have that I never will is CS3/Photoshop/whateveryouwanttocallit. Last year I discovered from cKy-sound's test planet a tutorial on making planets and thus began to work on one in Desktop Publishing last year. I'm starting from scratch this time around. Last time I made it the size of the entire picture so the fuzzy atmosphere was cut off. >.< I'm thinking I'll try to find a different texture too. The one I'm using at the moment is really boring.

No comments: