Thursday, September 27, 2007

Of Space and Books

Yesterday I posted a space pic to DeviantArt. (Its at the end of the post.) The planet is the one I was making in my programming class and the rest I did last night at home. I love the way gimp'd stars turn out. Photoshopped stars look icky. >.< Apparently the guys in my class last year at OTC like it. :) Oh, and it has three faves! W00t. Not bad considering it's my first space deviation.


The girl I mentioned before as being in my OTC class dropped out. wuss.


On to my second subject:

I have decided to start reading some of those books that I should have read, but haven't yet. Stuff deemed 'classic'. I've started off with Alice in Wonderland. I never really thought the smoking caterpillar was that weird until a girl from Blue Lack commented on how it was 'totally smoking a hookah', then I was like 'whoa, you're right'. I don't remember any large amounts of pepper or a baby turning into a pig at all, or fishy/froggy messengers being in the movie. There were no beautiful girls in this like there were in Miyuki-chan in Wonderland either. The book I checked out from the library has both Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass combined into one. Because I finished Wonderland today I've started on Looking Glass.
After I finish that one I plan to begin Death on the Nile and 2001: A Space Odyssey. According to my mom, she read every Agatha Christie book she could get her hands on, so depending on how much I like it I'll probably do that too. If you're wondering how I chose these books in this order it's because I read Miyuki-chan in wonderland and wanted to see where that was coming from. Then in the back of the Case Closed manga there are reading suggestions, DotN is included. Then 2001: A Space Odyssey is referenced a lot and sounds like it could be good. They're in the order received as holds at the library.


The spaciness:

Untitled Spacescape - 1 by ~sisakat on deviantART

No comments: