Sunday, June 26, 2011

Messing with CSS and Javascript

I worked on my cable scarf earlier, and decided to get on ravelry.  I was looking through my groups and noticed We <3 Progress Bars, and I thought "hey, I could stick one of those on my blog..."  Reading about how all these people made their progress bars all fancy with their photos, and links to the patterns and everything made me think it wouldn't be that difficult.  Unfortunately, I somehow don't understand JavaScript, despite the fact that I took a class on Visual Basic and Java.  One would think I could get JavaScript after that, but I still feel lost when looking at it.  I'm going to try to poke around with it more later.  I did manage to get it to show photos and both finished and in progress projects at the same time.  But now it wont work when I follow the instructions and do minimal messing with the code.  It either shows the default or nothing at all.
I gave up on the JavaScript bar and decided to take a look at the flash progress bar before going to bed.  I followed the instructions and it magically works in under five minutes.  I just have to fiddle with the colors.

Sleepy tiem nao nyan.

No comments: