Thursday, June 09, 2011

Trees~

I found somewhere to plant my forsythia right before I went off to ACen.  They're under my bedroom window.  I'm hoping my boyfriend isn't allergic to them when they bloom.  One of them had exactly one flower bud when I planted it, and now that one has leaves.  I don't think the other one has any leaves yet.  I might've killed it, but I'm going to keep watering it, it might just be trying to make buds.  My Japanese maple and my elm took forever to get leaves, but they have little green buds on them now.  I'm really happy they survived.  My mom's lilac, my white pine, and my yoshino are looking okay.  It looks like the yoshino really is deer resistant, they haven't eaten at it at all like they did our apple trees last year.  The red maple is doing really well, it's huge and has lots of leaves and everything.  I also dug a little oak tree up from the yard, and I'm trying to grow it in my bathroom until I can put it outside without squirrels eating or digging it up, which happened to the last three or so oaks I tried to plant in little pots...  Way before I got my trees from arborday.org, I got a green grape and a wisteria from meijer.  I planted them a little too early though, so they had a little bit of frost damage, but now they're both healthy and growing too.

No comments: